Saturday, March 28, 2009

Roasted Carrot and Herb Spread

2 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large yam, peeled, cubed in 1" pieces
1 medium onion, cut into wedges, separated
1/4 c olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme (2 Tbsp chopped fresh)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

Spray a 15"x10"x1" pan with cooking spray. Place carrots, yam and onion in pan; drizzle with oil; sprinkle with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper, Stir to coat. Roast uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Process vegetables in a food processor until blended. Spoon into serving bowl; serve warm with French bread slices.

NOTES
I don't remember where I first got this; it can be found in a few different places online.
I love this, although it was not terribly popular with my kids the last time I made it.
I'd probably up the garlic, but then, I can never get enough garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment