Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spaghetti Pie

3 c cooked spaghetti
2 Tbsp butter
2 beaten eggs
1/3 c grated Parmesan
1 c cottage cheese
1-2 c spaghetti sauce
1/2 c - 1 c shredded mozzarella

Combine spaghetti, butter, eggs and Parmesan; form into a "crust" in greased 10" pie plate. Spread with cottage cheese and cover with spaghetti sauce. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake about 5 minutes more until cheese is melted.

NOTES
Original source unknown. I've been eating this since I was a kid.
Big family favorite.
I like to saute some veggies and stir them into the sauce -- spinach, mushrooms, olives, anything you'd add to regular pasta.
I've used ground beef in the sauce as well.
I've used half ricotta/half cottage cheese; probably would work with all ricotta too.

No comments:

Post a Comment